Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Australian Vintage Limited, acting from its UK office at 2nd Floor, Stephenson House, Cherry Orchard Road, CROYDON CR0 6BA │ www.australianvintage.com.au
- This Promotion is open to Great Britain and Northern Ireland residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, HRG (UK) Limited, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- Promotion Period: 00:01 on 25th March 2022 until 23.59 on 31st August 2022. All entries received outside the Promotion Period will not be accepted.
- Internet access required.
- GB: Purchase necessary. Retain receipt showing date of purchase during the Promotion Period. No purchase necessary in Northern Ireland.
- To enter prize draw: GB: Purchase any bottle of McGuigan wine from participating stores and retain receipt. Enter online by selecting ‘GB entry’ tab, uploading copy of receipt and completing form with name, date of birth, telephone number and email address at mcguiganwines.co.uk/comp. Northern Ireland: Enter online by selecting ‘Northern Ireland entry’ tab and completing form with name, address, date of birth, telephone number and email address at mcguiganwines.co.uk/comp. 1 entry per person per week.
- Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
- Anyone entering more than once using multiple handsets, multiple identities or computerised (automated) system will be disqualified from the promotion.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Incomplete, illegible, invalid or misdirected entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- Headline Prize: 1x £5000 cash prize. Runner up prizes: 5 x £1000 cash prizes. All prizes payable by BACS or cheque direct to the winners to pay winners’ bills. GB or NI bank account required.
- The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy responsibly and read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ for more information. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the UK Chief Medical Officers’ Low Risk Drinking Guidelines that are available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/alcohol-consumption-advice-on-low-risk-drinking. Entry and continued participation in this promotion is subject to the licensee’s liquor serving policy.
- The prize, and any specific elements therein, are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any alternatives in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Winner Selection: The winners will be drawn at random by an independent adjudicator from all correct, valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The headline prize winner will be drawn first. The draw will take place on Monday 5th September 2022.
- Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted via phone call within 7 working days of the draw date using the contact details provided on entering the promotion and will have 7 working days from the date of initial contact to respond to the Promoter confirming (1) eligibility including proof of age and identity (passport, driving licence or equivalent) (2) acceptance of the prize (3) preferred payment method (4) proof of purchase (5) email address. Bank account details will also be required supplied via a secure process if BACS is selected as the payment method . Additional verification may be required to verify the address of any NI winner. If a winner does not respond within 7 working days of being first notified by the Promoter (by phone – maximum of two calls per day will be attempted), they reject the prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, then we reserve the right to award the prize to another winner in accordance with the process described above. If a second winner does not claim the prize within 7 working days of being notified or a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the prize winner’s prize will be forfeited and a third winner will be drawn. The process will repeat until an eligible winner is able to claim the prize. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time in case they are a winner.
- The full prize value will be awarded by BACS payment or cheque within 28 days of prize notification and the completion of any verification process, depending on the preference of the winners. Cheques will be sent by Royal Mail secured post.
- If fulfilment or any element of this promotion is delayed or affected due to the continuing Covid-19 pandemic and resulting Government restrictions, all entrants affected will be contacted by the Promoter and kept updated of any unavoidable changes to the promotion or prize.
- It is the responsibility of the winners to provide correct, up-to-date details on acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade or consumer groups, entries by or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to submit entries), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to generate additional entries in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- The Promoter will make available the winners’ surnames and counties of residence to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this Promotion. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winners list by emailing email@example.com. We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
- Entrants may be requested by the Promoter to use their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome). For regulatory reasons, photographs of a winner who is under 25 years of age, or who appear to be under 25 years of age, will not be used in publicity. The winner has the right to opt out of any publicity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for proof of purchase, address and ID (passport, driving licence or equivalent) which they must provide within 7 days and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify any individual or entry that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the prize draw or disqualify any participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the spirit of the promotion or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- The decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter has no control over internet or communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to user error or any network, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the Promotion
- If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions and any related disputes are subject to interpretation under the laws of England, and to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless your residential address is in Scotland or when local courts will have jurisdiction.